Thermilate Thermalmix Insulating Paint Additive is a revolutionary paint additive that makes almost any paint or coating insulate. Developed by our highly-skilled Research and Development team, it cuts down energy use and reduces heat loss through your walls and ceilings, therefore helping to reduce your energy bills.
Thermalmix has been independently tested and scientifically proven to work by world leading laboratories and government bodies. By using the latest NanoCNB insulating technologies to create an effective thermal barrier, Thermalmix prevents heat loss through your walls and ceilings. Room temperatures typically increase by up to 2 to 3°C, and stay warmer for longer.
Thermalmix is for domestic and commercial use, and can be applied almost anywhere conventional paint and coatings are used. Thermalmix is also used in hot countries on the exterior of buildings to reflect heat away and keep the inside cooler.
Thermalmix is one of the fastest growing, simple to use, yet effective energy-saving products available, and our ever-growing list of distributors are now located in over 20 countries.
How does Thermalmix work?
Paint mixed with Thermalmix creates a unique thermal barrier preventing HEAT LOSS through walls and ceilings with interior applications in cold countries. So rooms are warmer, and stay warmer for longer. Conversely, the thermal barrier prevents HEAT GAIN with external applications when used in hot countries, creating a cooler internal room and reducing the need for air-conditioning energy use.
How Does Thermalmix Reduce Condensation?
Thermalmix’s thermal barrier keeps the cold wall surface and the warmer air apart. As you touch the wall with your hand you can feel the heat being reflected BACK and the wall will feel warmer to the touch. Thermalmix has the same effect with the warm air from your heating system, reflecting it BACK into the room instead of the heat being drawn to the colder surface of the wall, and escaping. The contact between the warm air and the cold wall is dramatically reduced once paint mixed with Thermalmix is applied. Therefore the production of water droplets and condensation is dramatically reduced if not totally eliminated.
Whate Does It Do?
- Saves on running time for heating and cooling equipment
- Reduces impact on the gas emissions
- Reduse impact on the environment
- Gives up to a 25% reduction in heat loss through internal and external walls, ceilling and roof (or other coated surfaces such as pipes and ducting)
- Improves the overall performance of existing insulated buildings
- it blocks the extreme heat of the sun when applied to exterior walls
- it is safe to add to any paint products
- Thermilate is a hassle free and cost effective easy solution
- Thermilate does not effect paint adhesion, useful shelf life or colour
- It improves the fire retardant properties of surfaces
How to use Thermalmix
Thermalmix is very easy to use and can be mixed with virtually all paints and coatings. The contents of the bottle should be gradually stirred into 5 litres of paint or coating. Follow best practice method used by professional decorators:
- Empty the paint into a large bucket.
- Empty a bottle of Thermalmix into the same bucket.
- Mix using a manual hand paint stirrer or use a drill based stirrer.
A minimum of two coats of paint containing Thermilate should be applied to achieve maximum thermal efficiency. Thermalmix gives a very slight textured feel, so perfect for covering minor imperfections. However, for a flatter finish, simply apply a final third coat of paint without Thermalmix mixed in to it.