Rust is a reddish or yellowish-brown flaking coating of iron oxide that is formed on iron or steel by oxidation, especially in the presence of moisture.
Rust Bullet is a single component Protective Coating System. Rust Bullet can be applied directly onto Rusted/ Clean surfaces.
RUST BULLET Technology
- When applied, Rust Bullet® does not form a film immediately.
- It penetrates the porous rust/ dehydrates/ dries out the corrosion by a chemical activity, and solidifies into a tough coating.
- The corrosion particles become intertwined in the resin matrix and remain as a permanent part of the coating.
- The subsequent coats of Rust Bullet® fills any pinholes in the first coat and build up to become a nearly impenetrable coat.
- The layers of interlocking Al flakes form a new surface that protects the metal against corrosion attack, the Al flakes also serves as sacrificial anodes.
- The polyurethane component provides an anti-moisture function and UV resistance.
- When all components combined together, Rust Bullet becomes corrosion free, fire retarding, chemical resistance and armor like coating.